Friday, May 17, 2013

Ennui Ain't What It Used To Be

I've been too utterly depressed of late to put fingers to keyboard, driven into a state of despair by the preponderance of late of what I'm coming to call Fbleeptard Design in my life.

Poor design is of course a fact of life, but there's a reasonable expectation that poor design will be spotted for what it is, lessons will be learned and the next time that particular thing is foisted onto the public the poor design elements will have been replaced by new ones in light of experience.

Which is why I'm finding the propagation of shoddy, stupid, unfit-for-purpose design in the second decade of the 21st century a mite depressing.

A while back the abysmal service I was getting from the Long Island Rail Road, that boil on the backside of public transportation, moved me to do something to reclaim at least some peace of mind and move me further away from the Texas Tower Solution. You are looking atthe result.

Yes, The Occasional Stevie was intended as therapy for me as much as a Schadenfreude-enabling portal for the reader.

So it is with much the same desperate need for a safety valve that I announce an occasional sub-department in The Occasional Stevie, one I am calling Fbleeptard Design. It will be nothing but moaning about the intolerable incompetence in design aesthetic displayed in whatever subject comes to hand, possibly with video footage, possibly not.

If this doesn't float your boat, I'm sorry. Tales of incompetence will be running a distant second for a while, until I've exorcised the feelings of rage and the need to thrash people with a stick until they get a fbleeping clue.

I return you to your Yootoobing.

No comments: