Monday, September 25, 2006

Beware Australians Bearing Chocolate

Mrs Stevie's Australian friends sent home a bag of Cadbury's chocolate Caramelo Koalas for me, an Australian delicacy of some note. Milk chocolate Koalas filled with soft caramel. Death in a bag.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank them for their kindness. I would write more but I'm feeling sick on account of all the caramel-stuffed chocolate Koalas I've eaten. I am so going to run off to Australia one day and start a new life on a sheep station. Or in a newsagent. One that sells chocolate Koalas.

You Know Things Are Bad When Even The LIRR Can't Muster The Enthusiasm To Have A Proper Delay

We lost 10 minutes off todays start time because first a brake jammed on then a door jammed open. Then they fixed both and off we went. This, for the LIRR constitutes a new low in attempted commutation disruption. It is the functional equivalent of that curse from The Black Adder that went: Dear Enemy, I hope something unfortunate happens to you like an egg falling on your head (or something).
They simply aren't trying.

No comments: